My degree in computing topped up with analytics qualifications played a significant part in developing my career in digital marketing. To keep up with the latest trends in the industry, I seek courses that are well aligned with my educational background and working experience.
Courses lead to professional qualifications and build strong skills. They provide a marker that you have achieved something and give you a different perspective on the way to do things.
So far, constant learning has had a big impact on me:
- I manage myself and others around me more effectively
- I learned how to listen and be listened to
- I am more aware of what I want to achieve
- I have become more methodical
- I have a better understanding of my environment
- I can resolve issues better
- I am not afraid to make mistakes
- I know the importance of constructive feedback
The most important lesson I have learned is that learning is about doing and being, not just about knowing. Now, I can see the patterns in how I think and behave and how this affects my life. I have the confidence to decide which of those behaviours I want to keep and which ones are holding me back.
Learning takes me out of my comfort zone showing me new paths of forward thinking and acting. I stopped letting my past defining my future and I constantly attain new goals. I now look at how I make choices and decisions and how I go about influencing the people who can bring my aspirations to life.
You try it now: learn something new today and you’ll be surprised to see how confident, inventive and successful you can be.